Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday, January 18

I have to say, today was one of the easiest travel experiences I've ever had. All flights were on time, the airports were not crazy yet, and everything we checked showed up with us. We were all tired, but we hit the ground running as soon as our bus dropped us off at the Smithsonian complex. The group split up and some of us went to the National Archives, some to the Natural History Museum and some to the Museum of American History. Here are a few pictures I took at the Natural History Museum.







This is my favorite--The Hope Diamond



Here are the girls before we went to the Worldstrides Inaugural Dance--the teenagers' version of an Inaugural Ball. They had fun, but no one complained when it was time to head back to the hotel.




This is a no-frills post. It's midnight and I need to go to sleep. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have more time.

3 comments:

  1. We're allliving vicariously through you on this, so I for one will take what I can get.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. I hope everyone stays warm. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leslie...I'm feeling very cold after viewing your pics...Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete